USA Hague Apostilles: Toronto, (Ontario) Canada | ApostillesUSA – 716-982-7980 / Buffalo, NY
** Read our reviews **
Mobile Notary Apostille Assignments accepted in
USA – Buffalo/Niagara, New York
Apostilles and Document Legalization and Authentication Service
ApostillesUSA.com (by Buffalo Notary Services)
Mobile Notary Public Signing Agent
Document Signing Service
1-716-404-4140 or 1-(888) 256-1404
Professional Service – Cost Effective – Serving USA and Canada
Fax – Copy – Scan – Laser Printer
**NNA Certified, Background Checked, and Insured.
When the US Consulate is not available, call me at The Duffy Agency for your United States Notary Needs. I will meet you in Buffalo or Niagara Falls at a time chosen by you. The cost of my services are reasonable and affordable and often less than others.
Apostilles Document Legalization and Authentication Services.
Apostille Or Authentication Certificates?
Apostilles and authentication certificates validate the seal and signature of a Notary on a public document so that it can be recognized in a foreign country. Both verify that you held a Notary commission at the time you notarized the document.
- Apostilles are used when public documents are being transferred between countries that are party to the Hague Apostille Convention of 1961. This international treaty streamlined the cumbersome, traditional procedure for authenticating documents.
An apostille is issued by your Secretary of State’s office or Notary commissioning agency. The single apostille is the only certification needed. Once prepared and verified, the apostille is attached to and sent along with the notarized documents. This all happens after the notarization, and requires no action on your part.
- Authentication certificates are used for destination nations that are not party to the Hague Convention. Instead of a single apostille, the document needs several authentication certificates, including those from your commissioning agency, the U.S. Department of State, the consul of the destination country and potentially another government official in the country. The requirements and processing time for authentication certificates will vary from country to country.
Getting A Notarization Apostilled or Authenticated?
According to the U.S. Department of State, documents that may require authentication for use abroad include: affidavits, agreements, articles of incorporation, company bylaws, deeds of assignment, diplomas, home study, income verification, powers of attorney, single status, transcripts, trademarks, warrants, extraditions, certificates of good standing, and other general business documents. Also, parents wanting to adopt a child living in another country must have their adoption dossiers properly authenticated.
- Requests for an apostille or authentication certificate are generally submitted in writing to your state’s Notary commissioning authority (usually the Secretary of State’s office), and should contain:
- An explanation of why the apostille or authentication is needed
- The original document, including the Notary’s completed notarial certificate
- The final destination of the document
- A postage-paid return envelope addressed to either the document custodian or the document’s final destination.
- The required fee (varies by state)
- The commissioning office determines whether the document requires an apostille or authentication certificate, based on the document’s final destination.